Join us for MAC Reads 2022-23!
Advance your understanding of assessment so all teachers in your school can accurately measure learning, practice effective formative assessment strategies, and ensure and maintain a comprehensive and balanced assessment system in your school or district.
This Book Study is ideal for:
- School-level administrators
- District-level administrators
- Aspiring administrators
- Teacher leaders
- Organization leaders who mentor/equip teachers
Watch and share our 6-minute promotional video!
Featured book for 2022-23
Ten Assessment Literacy Goals for School Leaders
by Steve Chappuis, Susan Brookhart, and Jan Chappuis
In this book, the authors guide you and your leadership team through 10 assessment literacy goals with practical content, how-to’s, success indicators, and activities to extend and process learning. You will come away understanding the attributes of comprehensive and balanced assessment systems, the necessity for clear academic achievement targets, and why assessment quality is essential.
Participant Can Expect:
You’ll have access to the book’s rubrics, processes, and practical tools that work across all grade levels and subject areas. You and fellow participants will gain insights to help you:
- Work with staff to integrate formative assessment and sound grading practices
- Communicate with all members of the school community about student learning
- Protect students and teachers by avoiding unethical and inappropriate assessment use
- Use student assessment information to improve and inform instruction
- Develop assessment policies that support quality assessment practice
Register and watch the welcome/orientation video!
Register on your own, or assemble a team! Then watch the 20-miute orientation video below to preview the themes of the book and learn how MAC will support you during this study.
Then join us for a live webinar with author Jan Chappuis on April 17, 2023
Participate at your pace, in your own way!
- Read ahead and culminate your experience with the author webinar
- Launch your study with the webinar and follow-up with reading and discussion.