• Builds on the MAC’s Assessment Literacy Standards
• Draws from the quality materials and resources the MAC has collected and developed to support deepening assessment literacy
• Features assessment experts who will model the use of resources and materials, engaging participants and equipping them to work with colleagues
• Provides a network of individuals with similar job demands to continue to learn and grow with through the 2019-20 academic year
Participant Outcomes: Participants will leave with. . .
- Confidence in using the MAC Assessment Learning Modules and related resources with groups within a variety of professional learning settings and situations.
- A network of peers to help support ongoing facilitation of assessment literacy.
- Increased understanding of assessment related content and protocols in the Assessment Learning Modules.
- A plan of action to flexibly use the Assessment Learning Modules and related resources within the context of their own work.
- The understanding that participants will share their facilitation ideas and resources with others in the network.
The materials, resources and modeled presentations are designed to assist educators who have responsibility working with colleagues, and to answer these essential questions…
• How do I/students gather quality evidence to determine where my students are at and where they need to go next? (how do I know what grade level evidence is on)?
• How and when do I/students use the evidence to move student learning forward?
• Which evidence am I gathering that is used to document teacher performance and how do I use this evidence responsibly/appropriately?
• Which evidence should I use to inform changes to curriculum?
• How do I implement and sustain quality assessment practice within an education system?
- To attend the three-day, 18-hour intensive in mid-Michigan August 6, 7, 8 2019
- To engage with presenters, using facilitation guides and protocols to plan & adapt the material to meet the needs of assessment work they anticipate engaging in during the 2019-20 academic year and beyond
- To contribute to an evaluation of the Assessment Learning Institute
- To promote the shared belief that assessment literate practices and quality assessment systems will result in increased student success
- To share case stories related to the use of the materials and resources, modifications, adaptations during the 2019-20 academic years (Required for scholarship participants, encouraged for all)
Benefits for Assessment Learning Institute Participants…
- 18 SCECH’s to apply toward professional development requirements
- Access to a network of Assessment Facilitators
- Support from assessment experts and the use of materials and resources tailored to support improvements to assessment practice and pursuit of effective assessment systems
- Access to selected MAC Assessment Learning Modules – at no additional cost – for the 2019-20 academic year
The cost of the Institute, $325.00, includes expert facilitation, Assessment Literacy Institute materials, access to select Assessment Learning Modules, SCECH credit, am coffee/snack, and a light lunch on all 3 days. Lodging for participants will be available, at additional cost, at a facilitated block room rate.
Substantial scholarships are available for up to 15 participants. Those interested must complete and submit an application by July 1, 2019 (value $275.00). To apply for a scholarship, visit: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WV7VL3C
To Register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-assessment-literacy-institute-improving-practice-systems-tickets-56142266029
For more info contact: Kathy Dewsbury-White firstname.lastname@example.org 517.816.4520.