MAC Reads 2019Thursday, September 26, 2019
Join as district-level teams (district level, building level, or content level team) or join a cross-district group with your local ISD. The lead of each…
• Builds on the MAC’s Assessment Literacy Standards
• Draws from the quality materials and resources the MAC has collected and developed to support deepening assessment literacy
• Features assessment experts who will model the use of resources and materials, engaging participants and equipping them to work with colleagues
• Provides a network of individuals with similar job demands to continue to learn and grow with through the 2019-20 academic year
Participant Outcomes: Participants will leave with. . .
The materials, resources and modeled presentations are designed to assist educators who have responsibility working with colleagues, and to answer these essential questions…
• How do I/students gather quality evidence to determine where my students are at and where they need to go next? (how do I know what grade level evidence is on)?
• How and when do I/students use the evidence to move student learning forward?
• Which evidence am I gathering that is used to document teacher performance and how do I use this evidence responsibly/appropriately?
• Which evidence should I use to inform changes to curriculum?
• How do I implement and sustain quality assessment practice within an education system?
Benefits for Assessment Learning Institute Participants…
The cost of the Institute, $325.00, includes expert facilitation, Assessment Literacy Institute materials, access to select Assessment Learning Modules, SCECH credit, am coffee/snack, and a light lunch on all 3 days. Lodging for participants will be available, at additional cost, at a facilitated block room rate.
Substantial scholarships are available for up to 15 participants. Those interested must complete and submit an application by July 1, 2019 (value $275.00). To apply for a scholarship, visit: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WV7VL3C
For more info contact: Kathy Dewsbury-White email@example.com 517.816.4520.