Assessment Learning InstituteAugust 4 - 6, 2020
We’re adapting the format and focus of the 2020 Assessment Learning Institute (ALI) to better meet your needs for Fall 2020. Check it out and…
In support of our mission to improve student learning and achievement for all students, we address the current circumstances facing our schools in responding to the growing public rejection of racial inequity in American society and call for societal changes that ensure equity of opportunity and safety for Black students and other people of color.
• Builds on the MAC’s Assessment Literacy Standards
• Draws from the quality materials and resources the MAC has collected and developed to support deepening assessment literacy
• Features assessment experts who will model the use of resources and materials, engaging participants and equipping them to work with colleagues
• Provides a network of individuals with similar job demands to continue to learn and grow with through the 2019-20 academic year
Participant Outcomes: Participants will leave with. . .
The materials, resources and modeled presentations are designed to assist educators who have responsibility working with colleagues, and to answer these essential questions…
• How do I/students gather quality evidence to determine where my students are at and where they need to go next? (how do I know what grade level evidence is on)?
• How and when do I/students use the evidence to move student learning forward?
• Which evidence am I gathering that is used to document teacher performance and how do I use this evidence responsibly/appropriately?
• Which evidence should I use to inform changes to curriculum?
• How do I implement and sustain quality assessment practice within an education system?
Benefits for Assessment Learning Institute Participants…
The cost of the Institute, $325.00, includes expert facilitation, Assessment Literacy Institute materials, access to select Assessment Learning Modules, SCECH credit, am coffee/snack, and a light lunch on all 3 days. Lodging for participants will be available, at additional cost, at a facilitated block room rate.
Substantial scholarships are available for up to 15 participants. Those interested must complete and submit an application by July 1, 2019 (value $275.00). To apply for a scholarship, visit: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WV7VL3C
For more info contact: Kathy Dewsbury-White firstname.lastname@example.org 517.816.4520.